Image Map

Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Paula Thanksgiving

Wow, it has been a little while since I have posted! It has been busy, busy, busy! Went to Philadelphia for a conference and then Andrew and I went to New York for a few days. So much fun! And I had some delicious Philly Cheese Steaks- I will be trying to make my own version here soon.

Then 2 days after we were back from that trip, we had Thanksgiving. It was my last meal to cook from Paula Deen Celebrates! That’s right; I am done with the cookbook- one year and every recipe from the book. It was a great experience to have people over and have good food so often. Not that I ever really need an excuse for good food!


Now, the Thanksgiving menu had 13 recipes, and I knew I was just going to be getting back from our trip, so I shared the recipes with others. My mother in law and sisters in law each made a couple of recipes, and it was really fun to share the Paula-ness with them!
Here’s what we made:
Turducken
Brown Gravy
Southern Cornbread Dressing
Deviled Oysters
Southern Green Beans
Sweet Potatoes with Butter and Brown Sugar
Stuffed Cranberry Sauce
Ambrosia
Turkey and Stuffing Casserole
Fresh Apple Cake
Double- Chocolate Cream Pie
Pumpkin Cheesecake



Know what a Turducken is? It’s a chicken stuffed in a duck, stuffed in a turkey. Yup! And Paula’s recipe? Go to turducken.com and order one. So that was not too hard!

It was all very delicious and a great way to end the year of Paula! (Although with my love of her, I am sure she will be popping up from time to time...)

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds incredible. You are a girl after my own heart!!!! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete