Image Map

Monday, May 23, 2011

Catfish Tacos

Hey guys! It has been a while since I have shared a recipe- especially one that is a blend of my Southern roots (catfish) and new Southwestern flavors (tacos). Things have been suuuuuper busy for me- there are a lot of changes going on for me- I am starting my own business!!! So that has been my focus for the past month. Here is something I came up with which is quick and healthy. Enjoy!



2 lbs catfsh fillets
1/2 sup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup corn meal

6 cups shredded coleslaw cabbage
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
¼ of a red onion, thinly sliced
2 jalapenos, deeded and thinly sliced
¼ minced cilantro
1 Tablespoon lime juice
¼ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon cumin
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp garlic powder

Whole wheat tortillas

-Dredge catfish fillets in flour, then egg, then cornmeal. Cook in a skillet with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat until done. Allow to cool slightly and cut inito strips.

-Place cabbage, pepper, onion and jalapenos in a large bowl. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over vegetables; mix to combine. Chill until ready to serve.

-Put catfish and slaw in a tortilla and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment