Image Map

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I absolutely love, love, love mint and chocolate together. It is the cool creamy mixed with the rich decadence that just really does it for me! I love thin mints, peppermint patties, junior mints… Mmmmm! So, I decided to try to mint chocolate cupcakes- and they are fabulous! I actually ended up making them 2 ways- both with a great chocolate cupcake- one with a creamy mint filling, dipped in a chocolate ganache and drizzled with the mint filling. For the other one, I thickened up the creamy filling and had a the chocolate cupcake with a thick minty frosting. Both… Yummy…. Ok, gotta go make more! Enjoy! And if you make them, let me know which one you like more, ok?




Chocolate Cupcakes
½ cup cocoa
1 cup boiling water
1 1/3 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine cocoa and water- whisk together and cool.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Stir in cooled cocoa mixture.
Bake at 375, 15-20 minutes.

Mint Filling
½ cup butter, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
4 Tbsp green crème de menthe

Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until well blended. Stir in crème de menthe until blended. Pipe into cooled cupcakes

Chocolate Ganache
6 oz. (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 Tbsp. (3/4 stick) butter

Melt the chocolate chips and butter in the top of a double boiler. Stir until smooth. Dip cupcakes into chocolate to cover. Drizzle with remaining filling

*To make mint filling into a frosting, add another 2 cups confectioners sugar, or until you reach your desired consistency.

1 comment:

  1. I made the ones with the chocolate ganache on top. I didnt put the filling in because I was to lazy :) But oh my gosh they were GOOD! They were so delicious. I made them for some kids at church and they went crazy! They each wanted another one but I didnt have enough so they kept begging me to cut them in half! Yah ill definetly make these again and maybe if im not too lazy ill try puting the filling in next time. mmmmmm tasy cupcakes. P.S. My husband enjoyed them too!

    ReplyDelete