Image Map

Sunday, July 11, 2010

First Post!!!

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog! A month ago, I never would have thought I would be “blogging.” But I have just returned from the experience of a lifetime with Paula Deen (one of my most favorite people ever!!!) and it made me want to share myself and my love of cooking with whoever wants to know about me. I just returned from Savannah, GA where I was a finalist in the Real Women of Philadelphia talent search!


(This is a picture of me in Paula Deen's kitchen!!!)


Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Paula Deen teamed up to find 4 hosts that would share an online cooking show, help write a cookbook and generally lead an amazing online community at http://www.realwomenofphiladelphia.com/. I was one of 16 finalists in 4 categories. Sadly, I did not go on to be one of the hosts, but I enjoyed one of the best weeks of my life!




These are all the fabulous women I cooked with in Savannah- they are all amazing!




I came away from Savannah with these 3 ideas/goals:


1. I desperately want to own a house in the historic district of Savannah GA and spend days sipping sweet tea on the porch. If you have not visited Savannah, put it on your must- see list.

2. I may or may not want to start a cupcake business. (Who doesn’t love cupcakes?)

3. I am reaffirmed in my passion for cooking and entertaining. It is what I am passionate about. I want to share my love with anyone who will take it!

So, here is what I am going to do- I am going to spread my love of all things Southern but with a Southwestern kick. I grew up in Mississippi but I live in Las Vegas, so I want to bring the South to the Southwest! Get ready for Southern dishes, a whole lot of Paula Deen (you will learn about my love for her), some spicy food, and probably some cupcakes thrown in too!






I had to throw in a picture of me chattting with Paula in the cookoff kitchen














No comments:

Post a Comment